Join us on April 23 for Arts, Culture & Creativity Advocacy Day at the Capitol in Sacramento as part of the month long celebration of Arts, Culture & Creativity Month!
Let's connect, advocate and mobilize our efforts to advance the arts across the state.
Energy bars care of Sacramento Co-op! Donuts provided by Sacramento's Milk Money to the first 100 registered participants to show up!
Can’t make it Sacramento but still want to participate?
OTHER WAYS TO ENGAGE
1. Write an Op-ed in your local newspaper
Writing a letter to the editor of a local newspaper is a quick, simple and free method of raising the public’s awareness on a topic.
• Write an article about the impact of arts, culture and creativity in your community.
• Use data, tell a compelling impact story.
• Check out these Op-Ed tips.
2. Attend an Arts Advocacy Training
Trainings will be held across the state throughout the month of March
• Contact us at email@example.com for more info.
3. Bring Arts, Culture & Creativity Month to your community
• Advocate in your county by designating April as the new Arts, Culture & Creativity Month.
• Ask performing arts or public venues to include ACCM in their curtain speeches.
• Piggyback on an existing event to raise awareness of Arts, Culture, & Creativity Month.
• Submit your event to Californians for the Arts for ACCM partnership consideration.
• Include ACCM logo on existing events and show your participation for arts advocacy!
4. Organize visits to your local district offices
April 11-20 legislature is in recess. That is great time to visit them them in their district offices!
5. Spread the word
• Make the leap from arts supporter to arts activist and facilitate groups to attend Arts, Culture and
Creativity Advocacy Day in Sacramento on April 23rd.
6. Stage a Public Action
• Gather in front of your city hall, county office or other public space to celebrate the arts.
• Parade to highlight the success of arts in your community.
• Organize an educational workshop or lecture to education your community on art’s impact.
• Recognize your local legislator.
7. Share your Arts Impact Story
For questions, comments, additional info, advocacy trainings near you,
and Arts Impact story submissions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay tuned for more ways to engage and the release of our ACCM Advocacy Tool Kit, coming soon!
Register to Participate | Become an ACCM Sponsor or Underwriter
We believe arts should be accessible to every Californian. Californians for the Arts believe that the arts are essential to any prosperous and truly democratic society. Especially in a state as diverse and culturally rich as California, the arts serve to give voice to our many communities, spark individual creativity, foster empathy and understanding, spur civic engagement and serve as a continual source of personal enrichment, inspiration and growth.
Questions? Please email email@example.com
We hope to see you on April 23!