California is The State of the Arts and should be known as the Leading State of Creativity
Starting in 2019, April will officially be Arts, Culture and Creativity Month in the state of California.
We need the public investment to make this a reality for all Californians!
Let's connect, advocate and mobilize our efforts to advance the arts across the state. Want to get involved? Check out our Ways to Engage guide. Want to attend an advocacy training? Register today and we will alert you when there is one coming to your community or sign up for a webinar. Got a compelling video or narrative about your public arts program? Share your “Arts impact story”? Don’t have the time to participate but want to support the efforts to make our case to legislators about the value and impact of the arts? Donate to ACCM today.
What are we advocating for?
• Support Governor’s Newsom permanent funding increase of $10 million in the 2019 budget
• Recommend continued increased and permanent funding for the arts
• Value arts and culture as creative solutions to pressing societal issues
• Ensure all students have access to arts education and the ed code is enforced
• Support programs that provide for well rounded early childhood resources and to include arts & creativity
• Show our support for the Youth Poet Laureate pending legislation
• Build upon existing legislation for California’s Cultural Districts Program
How are we going to do it?
• Educate our representatives about the public arts programs that benefit Californians
• Share our arts impact stories
• Connect, advocate and mobilize
• Build our case and show our strength
SAVE THE DATE
Join us on April 23 for Arts, Culture & Creativity Advocacy Day at the Capitol in Sacramento as part of the month long celebration of Arts, Culture & Creativity Month!
Let's connect, advocate and mobilize our efforts to advance the arts across the state. We will have a month full of events leading up to the Advocacy Day.
9:00 am - 12:00 pm: Gather, network, performances and speeches
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm: Lunch
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm: Afternoon visits to legislator offices
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm: Reception
Schedule may be subject to change.
Join the Movement
3 ways to get involved with ACCM
REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE
Participate, Advocate, and Join the Movement! Host an event, train to be a delegate, sponsor an event, sign up to volunteer and more. So many ways to get involved!
BECOME AN ACCM SPONSOR
Help make California the leading state of creativity. From Title Sponsor to sliding scale sponsorship levels for artists and non-profits, everyone is invited to participate.
WAYS TO ENGAGE
A useful guide
A growing list of ways that you, your organization and your community can participate in Arts, Culture and Creativity month and help advocate for the arts year round!
Arts Impact Stories Campaign
We want to hear your ARTS IMPACT STORY!
Help us make our case to the state adding your voice and sharing your stories.